Customizing a Widget
On the left you see the customization options that the author of the widget has exposed for editing.
Details about the Options
- The author has chosen the best field type for each option.
- There is a ? next to many options. In this popover, you can read details about the option such as the type of value to enter or what this option will adjust in the widget
- The options are grouped in categories the author decided on, and each section can be expanded or collapsed. They are all expanded by default.
- For number fields, you'll see increment arrows. Those will change the value by the author's chosen amount
- The options contain sample data.
- The options contain information for the fmp protocol.
- Some options are more advanced. They are "JS Snippet", "CSS Snippet", and "HTML Snippet". Here the author is exposing some actual coding. In most cases, the author will provide additional information about how to edit these.
The Live View
On the right you see the live update of the widget. It will update every time a change is made to the options on the left.
With these buttons you can deploy the widget to your custom app by
- creating an Embedded Web Viewer
- creating a Script that renders the code to a web viewer
- creating a Script that sets up an export of the widget code
Export or Share the Widget
At the bottom right is a button to export the widget for sharing to others.